Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wat Arun Sunset

With only a few more days here in Bangkok, I’m trying to do (or re-do) the things that I’ve most enjoyed here and will miss when I’m gone. One of those things is seeing the sun set over Wat Arun. The best place to watch the sunset is from Deck, the rooftop bar of the Arun Hotel. The bar is directly across the Chao Phraya River from Wat Arun, so getting there has the added bonus of one last trip on a ferry boat.


Here is a series of pictures of Wat Arun, as the sun sets behind it.


Afterwards, I was walking back up Thanon Maharat to get back to the ferry boat. It was early evening and quiet, with the tourists gone and the shops closing and the streets emptying out.

I’m definitely eager to be back in Boston, but there is certainly some sadness too, knowing that this was probably the last time I will be walking along Thanon Maharat and taking a ferry boat along the Chao Phraya River.

No comments:

Post a Comment