Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Apartment – July 11, 2010

I am living at “Centre Point Executive Serviced Apartments” off Sukhumvit soi 10. My apartment is a one-bedroom, with a combined living/dining/kitchen area, and then a separate bedroom and bathroom. I recently changed apartments. The finishings in the first one were very nice – lots of wood (teak?) throughout, but the layout was odd – it basically felt like no matter which way you looked, you were always looking at the kitchen. So, I changed apartments when another one became available. I’m less wild about the finishings in this one – sort of French country, which doesn’t make a lot of sense in Bangkok – but the layout is better.

Here is the main living/dining/kitchen area. I really like the wood floors and there is a lot of storage. Need to fill up the bookshelves with a few things.



This is the bedroom. Again, lots of built-ins for storage. And a little patio, with a view.

The view is a bit odd since we overlook what was once a tobacco plantation. It is in the process of being turned into a park, but the recent political protests put a halt to that. Still, it’s a pretty view with the greenery up close and the skyscrapers behind.

Not sure you really need (or want) to see my bathroom, but here it is. It has both a tub and a separate shower.

Being a “serviced apartment” means that I have the services that you would expect in a hotel – room service, daily cleaning, wifi, laundry and dry cleaning available, etc. All in all, not a bad arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment